Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it come with a traditional (non-wireless) set of headphones when there is no port in the phone?

I just purchased an iPhone 8. Why does it come with a traditional (non-wireless) set of headphones when there is no port in the phone? These are virtually useless.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 12:22 PM

Those traditional wired headphones that came with your iPhone 8 do work with your iPhone. There is a port for those headphones. The lightning port. It is the same port that you use to charge your iPhone. The plug portion of the headphones should match the port portion.

Since you just purchased your iPhone 8, I am hoping that the seller gave your the right pair of headphones with the right lightning plug.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2020 12:22 PM in response to PimaApple

Those traditional wired headphones that came with your iPhone 8 do work with your iPhone. There is a port for those headphones. The lightning port. It is the same port that you use to charge your iPhone. The plug portion of the headphones should match the port portion.

Since you just purchased your iPhone 8, I am hoping that the seller gave your the right pair of headphones with the right lightning plug.

Axel F.

Why does it come with a traditional (non-wireless) set of headphones when there is no port in the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.