Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Other” Storage

Half of my storage is filled with photos, videos, music , apps, etc. Ive deleted apps, hundreds of photos and videos. I have deleted apps that I do not use , games, messages and music. The other half of my storage is labeled as “other” . I would like to figure out how to free that storage because i can no longer can use my phone as much anymore or it glitches out of the apps that I am in(not sure if the glitch out is related to the storage). On my old phone (before purchasing this one) I ran out of storage and BOUGHT more storage, now on my NEW phone, it is still the same Apple account and still the same ICloud. Can that be part of the issue as well? Do I just need to buy more storage or is my storage just being filled with the “other” things?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 3:39 PM

Help info........you will understand a little more when reading the articles below.....

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 20, 2020 3:42 PM in response to Natalier2020

See this user tip—>What is "Other" and What Can I Do… - Apple Community

A large Other can mean your phone has data corruption, usually caused by an interrupted sync. To recover from this restore the phone to factory settings, then restore your backup as described in these two Apple support articles:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

“Other” Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.