Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display doesn't sleep or screen saver when Apple Music is playing....

I noticed that my display no longer will sleep when Apple Music is playing music. This seems to a new problem, I never had it do this under Mojave. Does anyone know how to make the screen follow the settings in energy saver so the display will sleep after x number of inactive minutes?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 10:26 AM

This Article answered my question. Thanks for your help!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8384446

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 23, 2020 12:38 PM in response to Geek_pi

Hey there Geek_pi,

Being able to save energy by putting the display to sleep when it isn't needed is a great way to avoid additional utility costs and device wear. Let's look into ways that we can get the display to behave more how you expect.

From what you mentioned, this began after updating to macOS Catalina. Since then, have you made any other changes or additions as far as software goes? This might be important as if an app is using resources for the display in some form or fashion, that could be keeping it on.

If nothing else has changed, you might want to try restoring the default settings to the Energy Saver page of System Preferences and then setting them up once again to see if this will achieve a positive result. To do that, go into Energy Saver and tap Restore Defaults. From there, just configure the items how it suits you best and do a little testing.

Let me know what you find out.

Cheers!

Display doesn't sleep or screen saver when Apple Music is playing....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.