Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch Series 4 - 44mm - skin burns under sensor

Hi All,

I have had my apple watch series 4, 44mm for 8 months. recently I have started getting a burn under the sensor. I believe that this started most likely after a recent firmware update - around the start of the year 2020. has any one else experienced the same? I have attached some photos of both my left wrist and right wrist. The left wrist was more severe and is taking a while to heal. The right wrist was only after a few days of wearing the watch.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 3:14 PM

4 replies

Jan 21, 2020 2:18 PM in response to BobHarris

Thanks for the link Bob, I would imagine that based on the content claim for the nickel then my white gold wedding band would also cause a reaction. I have worn this for over 10 years... no problems. does not come off except for cleaning once in a while. It also seems weird that it only started to happen after 8 months of use. If it is an allergic response then it may be to the glue acrylates?

Thanks.

Jan 21, 2020 3:56 PM in response to Rod-Riq

I do not know what is causing your burn. Allergies is the most likely, and this forum is not qualified to make any medical diagnosis. I passed along the list of materials for you to take to your doctor so he/she was informed.

The other possibility is that your battery is draining at an extremely high rate, and those generating excessive heat. If that were the case, you battery would die in a few hours. If you are getting good battery life, then it is unlikely being caused by heat, and leans towards an allergy.

Again, we are not medically qualify to make that judgment, which is why it was suggested you see your doctor.

Apple watch Series 4 - 44mm - skin burns under sensor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.