Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2018 battery draining

Hi,

I experienced it just this morning: so I left my macbook on my desk during the night and its battery was about 60-70% so as usual it should be a problem. Ofc there was the browser open as always, and never happened it before. So today morning when I checked my battery was on 2%, which is insane and I dont think it's normal. I didnt do anything unusual so I dont know what would be the cause, and again it never happened before. At least 55% drain in one night. Any idea? Thank you!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 1:46 AM

Here's some background information with links to study:

• About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

When available ~ use power adapter.

Battery cycles unknown, little detail revealed.

Troubleshooting is advised.

3 replies

Jan 21, 2020 6:31 AM in response to cini_minis

If the computer was left unplugged over night and the battery drained then it wasn't sleeping - something woke it or wouldn't let it sleep. First, try doing an SMC reset: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

After doing this you'll probably want to make note of the battery charge, put the computer to sleep manually, and then wake it up after about 15 minutes. If the computer really did sleep there should be, at most, a 1% change in battery charge. If it was higher then come back for additional information on what to look for.

Jan 21, 2020 1:59 AM in response to K Shaffer

Sorry, I am not experienced about asking for help on community platforms. If you or anyone need more details, I can provide:

battery cycles: 111

Applications were run: Safari (about 2-3 tabs and none of them did any activity), VLC (stopped movie), Mail

And of course my macbook were sleeping. And again, this is a very usual situation, I always do this and never happened before

Macbook Air 2018 battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.