Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Answering calls on iPad Pro

I like that my incoming calls ring on multiple devices. However, if I am actively using my iPad Pro when a call comes in, I am not able to answer the call on my phone.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 12:20 AM

Is your phone set to Do Not Disturb? The slide switch on the left will only silence the ringer (and vibration, according to your wishes), but not the visual alert. Do Not Disturb will suppress everything.

5 replies

Jan 21, 2020 5:12 AM in response to Potofsilver

Are you engaged in a phone call on your iPad when the new call comes in? iPads, even cellular enabled ones, only handle voice calls as a slave to your iPhone. When a second call comes in, the device engaged in the first call needs to put the call on hold to handle the second one. There is only one voice path available on the cellular network.

Jan 27, 2020 4:12 AM in response to Potofsilver

Be aware that unless your Cellular carrier supports - and you have enabled WIFi Calling on both your iPad and iPhone - then all calls are effectively controlled by your iPhone.

If using WiFi Calling features provided my many full-service carriers, it is usually possible to simultaneously handle multiple calls using the same cellphone number. With WiFi Calling, the iPad (and iPhone) can route calls via WiFi and the internet - rather than rely solely upon the Cellular network and proximity of the iPad to the paired iPhone. Effectively, the two devices become independent of each-other, but calls are billed to your cellular number.

I hope you find this additional information to helpful.

Answering calls on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.