Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not sync pages documents

After initially being able to sync Pages documents to the iPad, now no pages document will sync.

When I add the document in the apps window, the iPad quickly flashes that is syncing and then the goes back to the normal screen.

I have deleted the file on the apps page, renamed it, tried to sync again as well as other Pages documents and nothing new will appear on the iPad.

When I have saved the Pages docs as PDF and sync them, they immediately appear so I know I am following the proper procedure.

In an experiment I sent an email with the same file attached, opened it in Mail on the iPad, then chose to open the file with Pages and voila, the file appeared in the Pages documents on the iPad!

I know procedure HAD worked normally previously, but it won't now. The iPad has also been updated with the new iOS, so perhaps this is the cause of the problem of not being able to sync a Pages document (which I would not be able to fix).

G4 1.8 Ghz dual Quicksilver, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 1.12 GB ram, 1.33 TB storage on 2 internal, 2 extenal firewire, iPad

Posted on Jul 17, 2010 9:31 PM

9 replies

Jul 19, 2010 2:38 PM in response to RooneyR

@RooneyR

After a LONG call to Apple support, restoring, updating, and a lot more, the problem could not be fixed.

Reinstalling the iOS, Numbers, or Pages did nothing to correct the problem.

Had to use a Time Machine backup Library file to bring back the iPad to the pre-call status.

Apple engineers are going to try to replicate the problem and see how it can be solved. As of now, there is NO SOLUTION. It MAY be a software problem, since there are at least 2 of us that it has happened to after updating the iPad iOS.

I personally DO NOT recommend anyone to do a complete restore to factory default unless they have a backup they can restore from and rely on or want to start from scratch. The iTunes back up was not sufficient to restore from since it was not behaving as was expected.

For right now, if you can't sync Numbers or Pages documents from iTunes to the iPad, you will just have to email them as an attachment to yourself and open in the app on the iPad.

Jul 24, 2010 3:18 PM in response to Derryl S

An update to a previous post...

I fiddled with this a long time, and it looks like I missed a step in bringing in Numbers spreadsheets and Pages docs. I loaded the spreadsheets in iTunes Apps page File Sharing section at the bottom, synched, and... no new versions... UNTIL I clicked on the file folder on the right of the menu bar in the My Spreadsheets or My Documents window on the iPad, which opens the Spreadsheets/Documents Import list. I clicked the new ones, and in they came. So it does indeed work... without even hitting the Synch button in iTunes. A little byzantine, perhaps, and you'd think with Mobile Me and apps like Air Sharing (which I use for documents that don't need to be modified on the iPad and iPhone) they could figure out a way to make this a little easier.
But the synch does work... with one extra step!

can not sync pages documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.