Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Send iMessages on iPhone 5 c

I an iPhone 5 c with the problem of not being able to send iMessages. It began all of a sudden. I tried all the solutions. Activation never happened. There is no place to sign out and sign back in in the Message App in Settings shown below.

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 11:46 AM

Read and follow all instructions here If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 21, 2020 4:14 PM in response to bobee

After trying all things in article previously with no success, I contacted Apple support. It was suggested I deregister messages and in 24 hours turn messages and FaceTime back. This should activate the apps. If unsuccessful, I am suppose to call Apple support back. I will know if successful midday tomorrow.

Cannot Send iMessages on iPhone 5 c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.