Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar entries

I just purchased a new Mac. My old one is running Sierra. For a number of reasons I need to transfer my files manually. How can I transfer my current and past calendar events to my new Mac?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 10:58 AM

Are your calendars synced with any accounts, such as Google/iCloud/Mail?

If all you are looking to accomplish is to transfer calendar to calendar, I would use Calendar>File>Export>Export...for each individual calendar, as well as Calendar>File>Export>Calendar Archive...:

I would recommend the individual calendar method, but the archive option may be helpful if you have any import problems with individual calendars.

After creating the exported files just transfer them to the new computer, and double-click them to start the import process.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 10:58 AM in response to bwclark53

Are your calendars synced with any accounts, such as Google/iCloud/Mail?

If all you are looking to accomplish is to transfer calendar to calendar, I would use Calendar>File>Export>Export...for each individual calendar, as well as Calendar>File>Export>Calendar Archive...:

I would recommend the individual calendar method, but the archive option may be helpful if you have any import problems with individual calendars.

After creating the exported files just transfer them to the new computer, and double-click them to start the import process.

Calendar entries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.