Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing iPhone 6 with apple watch series 2

Hi, I'm trying to pair my apple watch series 2 with my iPhone 6 and it keeps saying my iPhone is out of date and I need to update to the latest update. I update and it still says the same thing. I'm on 12.4.4,any help appreciated please

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 5:07 PM

Did you buy the Series 2 used, or did you use it on another iPhone before trying to pair it with your iPhone 6.

If you purchased it used, then it is possible the previous own upgraded it to watchOS 6.

If you used it on an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer, and upgraded it to watchOS 6 when you upgraded your newer iPhone to iOS 13, that would explain it.

If you purchased it used, you might try to return it for a refund.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 5:07 PM in response to fionn48

Did you buy the Series 2 used, or did you use it on another iPhone before trying to pair it with your iPhone 6.

If you purchased it used, then it is possible the previous own upgraded it to watchOS 6.

If you used it on an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer, and upgraded it to watchOS 6 when you upgraded your newer iPhone to iOS 13, that would explain it.

If you purchased it used, you might try to return it for a refund.

Jan 21, 2020 9:47 AM in response to fionn48

If your watch is on watchos6 then it won't pair with an iphone 6,you need a phone with ios13 or higher which is an iphone 6s or higher,an iphone 6 can only update to ios12.

Pairing iPhone 6 with apple watch series 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.