Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiding a contact. Cheating partner

I have a friend that suspects her husband is cheating on her. Yes, it really is a friend and not myself. One thing she has done is send her husbands contacts to her own phone. What she has found is, the woman that she suspects is seeing her husband is in the contacts sent to her phone, but can’t be found on her husbands phone. So it appears that this contact profile must be hidden on her husbands phone. Is that possible?

Also, my friend, her husband, and the suspected other woman all use WhatsApp. My friend has been keeping a log of when her husband goes online, and when the other woman appears. More often than not, they’re only a few minutes apart. Certainly no more than five minutes apart. So I think you can see why my friend is concerned.

So yes, any help on hiding, and up hiding a contact will help. Also, reading above, do you think my friend has anything to be concerned about.

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 4:09 PM

No, you can’t hide a contact in the Contacts app. However, you can have multiple contact groups, and you don’t have to show all of the groups. If you have multiple groups you can view them by tapping “groups” in the upper left corner of the Contacts app. The groups that are showing will have check marks.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 4:09 PM in response to OldTechy

No, you can’t hide a contact in the Contacts app. However, you can have multiple contact groups, and you don’t have to show all of the groups. If you have multiple groups you can view them by tapping “groups” in the upper left corner of the Contacts app. The groups that are showing will have check marks.

Hiding a contact. Cheating partner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.