Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does apple account verification ask for social security number?

my Apple devices were stolen from my vehicle and now my Apple ID is locked because they are trying to login. I received an alert and now trying to rest my password and in account verification it is asking for social security number. Does Apple ask for full my social security number? Does Apple require my full social security number?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 4:47 PM

2 replies

Jan 21, 2020 5:02 PM in response to Bachyin

Bachinyin Said:

"my Apple devices were stolen from my vehicle and now my Apple ID is locked because they are trying to login. I received an alert and now trying to rest my password and in account verification it is asking for social security number. Does Apple ask for full my social security number? Does Apple require my full social security number?"

-------

No. Apple would never ask you for your Social Security Number. Do not respond to that message.

Contact Apple and request Assistance with changing your Login Credentials.

Contact Apple Support to unlock It.

Apple Contact Information:

What to Modify: Apple ID Security is of high concern here. So:

Does apple account verification ask for social security number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.