Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign in to FaceTime. My Apple ID displays but no blank for password. Underneath the ID is sign in. Press that & nothing happens.

Cannot sign in to FaceTime. Apple ID appears but no blank for password.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 3:44 PM

I got it handled. I charged & backed up iPad. The next morning the FaceTime page opened, & it was turned on. I then found that on my iPhone FaceTime was not signed in to Apple ID. Once I did that & configured the iPhone to accept calls from other devices, it is working. Apple support page also helped. Thank you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 3:44 PM in response to 2-11

I got it handled. I charged & backed up iPad. The next morning the FaceTime page opened, & it was turned on. I then found that on my iPhone FaceTime was not signed in to Apple ID. Once I did that & configured the iPhone to accept calls from other devices, it is working. Apple support page also helped. Thank you.

Jan 25, 2020 6:02 PM in response to 2-11

Hey there, 2-11!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're having trouble signing in and using FaceTime. I'd be happy to work through this with you.

I recommend closing Settings, then restart your device. Once you power it back on, go ahead and try signing in and activating FaceTime again.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

If you run into any errors, this resource will provide you with next steps:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Check out the following support article, which provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

Take care!

Cannot sign in to FaceTime. My Apple ID displays but no blank for password. Underneath the ID is sign in. Press that & nothing happens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.