Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drivers for Asus Monitor

I'm really new at this game. I want to install an Asus Monitor VZ229H on a macbook air, and I don't know

(a) if I need a driver and (b) where to get it if I do. It would be reassuring to know that the driver exists (if I need one). Can someone help?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 22, 2020 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 10:28 AM

The display may have some special features that come in an app or utility you can download but it shouldn't require any drivers. Check with the vendor you are purchasing the display from - most but not all displays ship with the required cable. You'll need an HDMI adaptor - you don't mention what year MBA you have so you'll need to determine what video out port your MBA has to buy the appropriate adaptor

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2020 10:28 AM in response to irving2411

The display may have some special features that come in an app or utility you can download but it shouldn't require any drivers. Check with the vendor you are purchasing the display from - most but not all displays ship with the required cable. You'll need an HDMI adaptor - you don't mention what year MBA you have so you'll need to determine what video out port your MBA has to buy the appropriate adaptor

Drivers for Asus Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.