Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore does not work because of time-out

Did the steps to Restore my old iPhone5s but it seems that it takes too long to download the update software to Restore the device. It simply breaks off the Restore and Update task. How can I only Restore the iPhone without the downloading?

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 2:31 PM

Greetings, and thanks for posting, PJJO!

It looks like you have some questions about restoring your iPhone.  I’ve done this a few times myself, and would be happy to help!

Depending on your bandwidth, the software download can take some time.  During this time, the download for your iOS software will continue in the background.  Once the download completes, you can restart the process, and since the software is already downloaded, the process will complete.  If you receive an error while completing the process, If you can't back up your iOS or iPadOS device to a computer or restore it from a backup - Apple Support can help.

I hope that helps, and thanks for using Apple Support Communities.  Best regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 2:31 PM in response to PJJO

Greetings, and thanks for posting, PJJO!

It looks like you have some questions about restoring your iPhone.  I’ve done this a few times myself, and would be happy to help!

Depending on your bandwidth, the software download can take some time.  During this time, the download for your iOS software will continue in the background.  Once the download completes, you can restart the process, and since the software is already downloaded, the process will complete.  If you receive an error while completing the process, If you can't back up your iOS or iPadOS device to a computer or restore it from a backup - Apple Support can help.

I hope that helps, and thanks for using Apple Support Communities.  Best regards!

Restore does not work because of time-out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.