Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Iphone Icon next to photos on IPAD?

Hello Team,

When I am using both IPHONE and IPad, the following happens.

On my IPAD right next to the Photo App an Icon of an IPhone shows up.

What does this Icon tell me?

Best regards,

Ligase

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 6:06 AM

If both your iPad and iPhone use the same AppleID and use iCloud, your devices use Apple’s Continuity functions to seamlessly switch between devices. As such, you can start an activity on your iPhone - and easily continue the task of your iPad.

When Continuity offers this facility, an icon will appear in the “Recent Apps” section of the Dock - with a “badge” icon representing the other device. Touching the icon will open the App and allow you to resume the activity on that device.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

I hope you find this helpful in resolving your question.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2020 6:06 AM in response to Ligase

If both your iPad and iPhone use the same AppleID and use iCloud, your devices use Apple’s Continuity functions to seamlessly switch between devices. As such, you can start an activity on your iPhone - and easily continue the task of your iPad.

When Continuity offers this facility, an icon will appear in the “Recent Apps” section of the Dock - with a “badge” icon representing the other device. Touching the icon will open the App and allow you to resume the activity on that device.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681

I hope you find this helpful in resolving your question.

New Iphone Icon next to photos on IPAD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.