Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the volume Indicator on iphone 11??

I recently purchased an iPhone 11 and when I use the volume buttons on the side of the phone, I am not seeing a volume indicator anywhere on my screen (either when the phone is locked or unlocked). The only indicator I receive is "Silent Mode is Off". I have no idea how low or high the volume is until someone calls or texts. Interestingly, I DO receive the volume indicator when I use the same buttons while Instagram is open. What am I missing??? (Note: I know that I can see & adjust the volume from the control center, but I shouldn't have to take this step, right?)

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 1:15 PM

Hi, Lawrence. Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, this was not the indicator I was receiving when I hit the volume buttons, which was the reason for my post. The indicator you are referring to simply read: "Silent Mode is Off". There was no slider.

I asked my IT rep at work and suggested I do the following, and it worked!

>>Settings>>Sounds & Haptics>>Change with Buttons: ON (mine was switched to OFF)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 1:15 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi, Lawrence. Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, this was not the indicator I was receiving when I hit the volume buttons, which was the reason for my post. The indicator you are referring to simply read: "Silent Mode is Off". There was no slider.

I asked my IT rep at work and suggested I do the following, and it worked!

>>Settings>>Sounds & Haptics>>Change with Buttons: ON (mine was switched to OFF)

Where is the volume Indicator on iphone 11??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.