Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers spreadsheet on iPad pro

How do I copy a formula down a column, in Numbers spreadsheet on an iPad Pro?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 9:14 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2020 8:04 PM in response to BeatricePotter

Hello BeatricePotter,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to copy the formula throughout a column.

With Numbers on your iPad you can select cells, rows, and columns as shown in this article: Select tables, cells, rows, and columns in Numbers on iPad

You can also follow these steps to copy and paste formulas: Copy and paste formulas in Numbers on iPad

Thanks and have a great day.

Feb 13, 2020 12:02 PM in response to BeatricePotter

I read the links provided nicholas and think there is one more thing that is missing that i dont see in the online help guide. It looks like they are only talking about copying and pasting one cell at a time. I think your question is how to fill it down to fill the column.

Once you enter in the first formula,

select that cell and are ready to copy it down,

you then tap the "Cell" button on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

now Tap the larger "Autofill cells" button on the menu that pops up.

this will change the border around your selected cell to a yellow one with little lines showing where you can tap/hold and drag the box down. this will fill your formula down the column.

Sadly there is no autofill whole column mode, you have to physically drag it down the whole thing.

Jason

Numbers spreadsheet on iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.