Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open Safari on my iPad, the full screen shows my Favorites or Bookmarks, but I cant get out of those and back to the Safari home screen. I

How do I get out of Favorites on my Safari screen? I cant get back to the Safari home page.

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 9:57 AM

There is no real Home Screen on the iPad like there is on a computer. What you are seeing is a blank browser screen, and that is what you get until you open a screen. If you close Safari while there is a site on the screen, when you reopen it, that site will come up. But if you force closed Safari, or close all of the tabs, when you open it again, you will see the screen with Favorites. Just choose a bookmark or type an address into the address bar and it will open that site.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2020 9:57 AM in response to MaysieMae

There is no real Home Screen on the iPad like there is on a computer. What you are seeing is a blank browser screen, and that is what you get until you open a screen. If you close Safari while there is a site on the screen, when you reopen it, that site will come up. But if you force closed Safari, or close all of the tabs, when you open it again, you will see the screen with Favorites. Just choose a bookmark or type an address into the address bar and it will open that site.

When I open Safari on my iPad, the full screen shows my Favorites or Bookmarks, but I cant get out of those and back to the Safari home screen. I

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.