Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sierra 10.12.6: how can I buy Logic Pro X? (upgrade from Garageband)

I have a MacBook Pro from 2017 running Sierra 10.12.6. I would like to upgrade from Garageband to Logic Pro X. How can I buy Logic?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 2:09 PM

You have a 2017 Mac... so upgrade the operating system to High Sierra (10.13) or Mojave (10.14) DO NOT upgrde to Catalina (10.15)! As WD said is not the computer it's the Mac operating system. Once you upgrade the operating system you will be able to purchase Logic. Do Not upgrade to Catalina.

15 replies

Jan 23, 2020 2:16 PM in response to cinapriuss

Thanks,

The screenshot would have been useful to see if there was any button to skip the message. As per your answer, it seems it is not the case. Thanks for your collaboration.

Your next option is to plan to update to a more recent macOS version.

I just saw the post from Pancenter. Follow his advice: Do not update to Catalina! High Sierra or Mojave is fine.

If you need help for that, do not hesitate,

WD

Jan 27, 2020 1:08 PM in response to cinapriuss

Hello, I have this question as well, and upgrading the OS is not an option. I bought a Mac mini to leave set up at home because I have a couple of old FW interfaces that I use for the 32 channels of optical inputs and they will absolutely not run on 10.13 (tested and verified). So for me to go to 10.13 means spending around 2 grand for new interfaces just to reproduce the exact same I/O functionality I already have. I use LP at work and would like it at home due to the advanced MIDI capabilities in the Environment, etc.

If anyone knows of a way I can buy a version of Logic or LP that runs on 10.12, I'd sure appreciate hearing it.

Sierra 10.12.6: how can I buy Logic Pro X? (upgrade from Garageband)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.