Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeat reminders don’t work in iOS 13

In the Apple Reminders App the repeat reminder settings have not worked since iOS 13 was installed as an update to my iPhone in the October 2019 time frame. Subsequent versions have not fixed the problem up to iOS 13.3. I have used repeat reminder setting to remind me of weekly tasks that must be done on specific days of the week for over a year.

When will the Apple Reminders App that comes with the phone and operating system be fixed to remind me of repeat reminders on scheduled days and times?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 1:28 PM

sklineNJ wrote:
My only options now are to delete the reminder unlike previous iOS versions allowing something like: clear or mark as completed.

You don't have to delete reminders.

If you have old notifications for your overdue reminders visible in Notification Centre, from Haptic Touch menu on tap on "Mark as Complete".

If you no longer have notifications for overdue reminders, you can:

1) Haptic Touch on Reminders app icon, and mark overdue reminders as completed;

2) or open Reminders app, go to 'Scheduled' and those reminders that appear as overdue simply mark as completed.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2020 1:28 PM in response to sklineNJ

sklineNJ wrote:
My only options now are to delete the reminder unlike previous iOS versions allowing something like: clear or mark as completed.

You don't have to delete reminders.

If you have old notifications for your overdue reminders visible in Notification Centre, from Haptic Touch menu on tap on "Mark as Complete".

If you no longer have notifications for overdue reminders, you can:

1) Haptic Touch on Reminders app icon, and mark overdue reminders as completed;

2) or open Reminders app, go to 'Scheduled' and those reminders that appear as overdue simply mark as completed.

Jan 27, 2020 11:40 AM in response to sklineNJ

Hey there, sklineNJ!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're experiencing trouble when settings Reminders to remind you on a specific day and time.

Are you receiving them on the wrong day and time, or are they not alerting you at all?

Does this happen with all reminders?

If you delete a reminder, then schedule it again, does that help?

Check out the following support article, which provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

Use Reminders on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care!

Jan 27, 2020 11:51 AM in response to sklineNJ

From my experience, the repeated reminder won't trigger the notification when on previous occurrence you left it as overdue (so it was never marked as completed).

See if you do have any overdue reminders. If yes, mark them as completed then see if you get notification next time your reminder is due.

Repeat reminders don’t work in iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.