Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook 3D photos for the iPhone XR - no longer an option

I see that NORCALSPFX1 posted back in November 2019 about Facebook 3D photos for the iPhone XR

not working but working for some. My XR was working up until a month or so ago, and now I no longer have the option to post 3D photos on Facebook - the option disappeared.

I see the XR is not a supported device, but it WAS working for 2 month, then after some IOS update - POOF...gone!!

Any solution out there for this?

Greg

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:07 PM

Hi gseale,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to post 3D photos from your FaceBook app on iPhone XR. I am happy to share information about this with you.

Based on the details found on Facebook's support page, the iPhone XR is not listed as a supported device for this Facebook function: How do I create a 3D photo on Facebook? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook. Currently, on this page, it shows the following devices support 3D photos: iPhone 7+, iPhone 8+, iPhone X, XS, XS Max, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.

This would be a limitation by Facebook, so you would want to contact the app developer about questions related to 3D photos via the Facebook app: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support.

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 2:07 PM in response to gseale

Hi gseale,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to post 3D photos from your FaceBook app on iPhone XR. I am happy to share information about this with you.

Based on the details found on Facebook's support page, the iPhone XR is not listed as a supported device for this Facebook function: How do I create a 3D photo on Facebook? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook. Currently, on this page, it shows the following devices support 3D photos: iPhone 7+, iPhone 8+, iPhone X, XS, XS Max, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.

This would be a limitation by Facebook, so you would want to contact the app developer about questions related to 3D photos via the Facebook app: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support.

Best regards.

Facebook 3D photos for the iPhone XR - no longer an option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.