Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appleid not available

Hello. I had my appleid. I was setting up a new appleid for my daughter for my old iphone, and unfortunately that changed my appleid completely. I tried to restore the original appleid but it said that my email is not available.

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 6:25 AM

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again. You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

For your daughter.

If 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

If under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 6:25 AM in response to sillyappleid

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again. You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

For your daughter.

If 13 years old or older.

Apple ID - create a new

Apple ID – Create

If under 13 years old, you will need to set up Family Sharing to create an ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

Appleid not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.