Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a sub sub folder using Automator/AppleScript

Hey, well i was trying to create a folder structure using this article "Use Automator/AppleScript to create multiple subfolders for a project" but i have one concern, how can i create a sub sub folder?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 6:43 PM

That Automator action already creates a series of sub-subfolders - it's actually just calling the shell command mkdir to do the actual work. It passes in the first two parts as the first arguments ( $1 and $2 ), and then creates a series of sub directories below that - for example, the 'Outputs' directory is a one subdirectory, and there are subdirectories below that such as 'Final Deliverables', 'Final Deliverables/ProRes', etc.

What am I missing?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 6:43 PM in response to jbm8915

That Automator action already creates a series of sub-subfolders - it's actually just calling the shell command mkdir to do the actual work. It passes in the first two parts as the first arguments ( $1 and $2 ), and then creates a series of sub directories below that - for example, the 'Outputs' directory is a one subdirectory, and there are subdirectories below that such as 'Final Deliverables', 'Final Deliverables/ProRes', etc.

What am I missing?

How to create a sub sub folder using Automator/AppleScript

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.