Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplane mode mirror doesn't work properly

My Watch 5 (fully updated) and my iPhone Xmax (fully updated) are set to have Watch mirror iPhone settings for airplane mode - set this up on the Watch app on the iPhone. Turning on Airplane mode on the iPhone turns it on for the Watch as well - fine. However, then turning it off on the iPhone doesn't turn it off on the Watch! The reverse is also true: Turning it ON at the Watch turns it On at the iPhone. But then turning it OFF on the Watch doesn't turn it OFF on the iPhone. Any thoughts?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 12:32 PM

To my knowledge if you manually turn on/off Airplane Mode, it does not mirror the turning back on portion. I'm not exactly sure why, but I've noticed this with all of my watches, but only when I fly. Those are the only times that I use DND manually. I have a schedule set for overnight, and that turns on the phone and watch, and then in the morning, when I put the watch on and unlock the iPhone, it will turn off DND on the watch. I'm looking in the Watch User Guide right now and will post back.

From the Apple Watch User Guide: Note: Even with Mirror iPhone turned on, you must turn off airplane mode separately on your iPhone and Apple Watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 12:32 PM in response to frankanddaisy

To my knowledge if you manually turn on/off Airplane Mode, it does not mirror the turning back on portion. I'm not exactly sure why, but I've noticed this with all of my watches, but only when I fly. Those are the only times that I use DND manually. I have a schedule set for overnight, and that turns on the phone and watch, and then in the morning, when I put the watch on and unlock the iPhone, it will turn off DND on the watch. I'm looking in the Watch User Guide right now and will post back.

From the Apple Watch User Guide: Note: Even with Mirror iPhone turned on, you must turn off airplane mode separately on your iPhone and Apple Watch.

Airplane mode mirror doesn't work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.