Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I m trying to install iOS 12 in my iPhone 5s but an error message come out and says cannot do it now. Any suggestions to finishing installing?

Error comes up when trying to install iOS 12 on my iPhone 5S.

it says I cannot do it now but no other explanation. Can anyone give me a solution to the issue?

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 11:48 AM

You can have two different situations:

Are you running a beta iOS software version on your 5s? Should be this case, you need to uninstall that beta version, before updating to 12.4.4:--> How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

or

Are you trying to update your 5s wirelessly?. See this article:--> Get help with over-the-air iOS updates – Apple Support

If the issue still persists, try to update it on a computer running the latest iTunes version. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:-> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 11:48 AM in response to Nenecomil

You can have two different situations:

Are you running a beta iOS software version on your 5s? Should be this case, you need to uninstall that beta version, before updating to 12.4.4:--> How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

or

Are you trying to update your 5s wirelessly?. See this article:--> Get help with over-the-air iOS updates – Apple Support

If the issue still persists, try to update it on a computer running the latest iTunes version. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends, or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:-> Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

I m trying to install iOS 12 in my iPhone 5s but an error message come out and says cannot do it now. Any suggestions to finishing installing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.