Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unauthorized DropBox charge. Apple support is non existent. How can I reach a human being?

Hi,

I started a Free Drop Box Plus trial on 10th December 2019.

I cancelled the trial on 20th December 2019 as I didn't want the premium service anymore and I didn't want to be charged. DropBox confirmed this via an email.

On the 24th December 2019 I received an email from DropBox thanking me for upgrading the account. I never approved this and I did not upgrade it. I also received an email from Apple stating that £9.99 had been taken from my account for DropBox.

When I contact DropBox support and state that I have wrongly been charged, they said they cannot deal with App purchases and that I must contact Apple via https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204084. Unfortunately this is an automated system which prompts me to report a problem with an invoice and then after a second calculates that a refund is not possible.

In summary: I've been wrongly charged for a service I've cancelled and between Apple and DropBox I'm struggling to get a refund or support.

Please advise how I can contact a human being at Apple and get a refund/some help.

Thank you

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 1:47 PM

If the susbcription is being charged through Apple, follow the steps here to find it and cancel it: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Then contact iTunes Billing directly to request a refund: iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 24, 2020 2:06 PM in response to Phil0124

It's no longer under the subscription on my phone (on my PC, I can't even load that page, as it states "Connecting to the iTunes Store....").

I've already contacted "https://support.apple.com/en-euro/itunes-contact" and received no reply.

I initially signed up to DropBox on my PC. Using the same credentials installed DropBox on my iPhone. I then cancelled DropBox on my PC via the DropBox website and received he cancellation confirmation. I deleted the App from my phone. Apple charged after the cancellation.

This is really poor from Apple, at the very least I'd expect a human being I can have a conversation with...

Unauthorized DropBox charge. Apple support is non existent. How can I reach a human being?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.