Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook won't print two sided (AKA double or duplex) since Catalina update

My MacBook won't print two sided (AKA double or duplex) since the Catalina update. Every other device Apple/Mac (running different OS), PC, and Android that we have will communicate "two sided print" to the printer. So it is not an issue with the printer. I have a MacBook Pro late 2015 model. Printer is an Epson Ecotank ET-2760. And I have been in contact with Epson regarding this issue as well.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 2:53 PM

Try resetting the printing system as described in this Apple document: If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support

4 replies

Jan 27, 2020 2:24 PM in response to Punkin86

I just got off the phone with support. I had already made sure all firmware on the printer was up to date. I had also followed the advice given above. Bonnie from support had me reset the wifi router. For whatever reason that fixed the problem. If you have this same issue I would definitely run through all these steps.

1. Check that the OS is up to date.
  2. Check printer firmware is up to date.
  3. Follow the recommendations on the page recommended about. I was able to skip to the last two options.
  4. Reset your wifi router.
  5. Call support :)

MacBook won't print two sided (AKA double or duplex) since Catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.