Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update my mac to 10.13 or better

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2020 6:45 PM

What year and model is your Mac (use About This Mac in the Apple menu).

That will determine what OS you can upgrade to.

The most current OS is available on the Mac App Store. Other, older OSes are available from the support site.

If you don't already have High Sierra (10.13), then you may have lots of 32-bit apps. In that case, you may not want to upgrade to Catalina which cannot run 32-bit applications.

Here is the link to downloading High Sierra, but you may want a more recent OS. How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2020 6:45 PM in response to keepitcleantwo

What year and model is your Mac (use About This Mac in the Apple menu).

That will determine what OS you can upgrade to.

The most current OS is available on the Mac App Store. Other, older OSes are available from the support site.

If you don't already have High Sierra (10.13), then you may have lots of 32-bit apps. In that case, you may not want to upgrade to Catalina which cannot run 32-bit applications.

Here is the link to downloading High Sierra, but you may want a more recent OS. How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.