Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to my MacBook

I tried changing the password and username in my laptop and logged out. Now when I try to login it asks not only for the password but also for the username. I used both new and previous usernames and passwords but still couldn't do anything.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 11:22 AM

Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder - Apple Support

The name of your macOS user account and the name of your home folder must both be the same.

Changing these names does not change or reset the password of your user account.

Because doing this incorrectly could damage your account and prevent you from logging in, you should back up your important data before proceeding.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 11:22 AM in response to sabraja

Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder - Apple Support

The name of your macOS user account and the name of your home folder must both be the same.

Changing these names does not change or reset the password of your user account.

Because doing this incorrectly could damage your account and prevent you from logging in, you should back up your important data before proceeding.

Can't login to my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.