Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad: Downloading CSV files get me xxx.csv.XLS

Quite often, if not all time, I download a csv file on iPad it changes to xxx.csv.XLS. But as it is not an excel or csv anymore, it became useless. Of course I can rename the file extension, in a PC/Mac. On iPad it is not possible to change file extensions.

But I bought an iPad Pro to be free from computers.

Any suggestion?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 1:53 PM

Hello,

I too find it frustrating that iPad’s Files application does not allow for the ability to edit a file’s extension. I have created a Shortcut in the Shortcuts application that would allow you to change a file’s extension. Once this shortcut is setup > Long-press a file in the Files application > Change File Extension > Enter a fileName.extension.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 1:53 PM in response to rgrnormand

Hello,

I too find it frustrating that iPad’s Files application does not allow for the ability to edit a file’s extension. I have created a Shortcut in the Shortcuts application that would allow you to change a file’s extension. Once this shortcut is setup > Long-press a file in the Files application > Change File Extension > Enter a fileName.extension.

iPad: Downloading CSV files get me xxx.csv.XLS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.