Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv

Hi,

I have got lg smart tv, but lately it started losing wifi randomly while I’m watching Netflix. So I was thinking instead of getting my tv fixed, what if I buy Apple Tv. Now the question is if Apple tv is connected to wifi, will I be able to watch Netflix and other things without my Tv being connected to wifi as there are some issues with tv’s wifi.

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 4:21 AM

Yes, using Apple TV relies only on the internet/home network connection to the Apple TV box, and will not use any network connection to the TV directly.

Verify that you eliminate sources of Wi-Fi interference, to avoid the same issues with a new device.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

• Other electrical household appliances and electrical wiring could potentially interfere.
  • Metal cabinets and the like could block signals in specific areas.
  • A neighbor’s home Wi-Fi on the same Wi-Fi channel could interfere with your home network.
  • To see a current status of your network, get a report from iStumbler, NetStumbler or similar tool, preferably on a portable device, so you can walk around the house while operating. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 4:21 AM in response to Sunny77A

Yes, using Apple TV relies only on the internet/home network connection to the Apple TV box, and will not use any network connection to the TV directly.

Verify that you eliminate sources of Wi-Fi interference, to avoid the same issues with a new device.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

• Other electrical household appliances and electrical wiring could potentially interfere.
  • Metal cabinets and the like could block signals in specific areas.
  • A neighbor’s home Wi-Fi on the same Wi-Fi channel could interfere with your home network.
  • To see a current status of your network, get a report from iStumbler, NetStumbler or similar tool, preferably on a portable device, so you can walk around the house while operating. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks.

Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.