Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I signed up for the Apple Music family plan, but my family can not access any music. We didn’t want to share purchases so no one is paying for the extra purchases. What are we doing wrong?

I signed up for the Apple Music family plan, but none Of my family members are able to listen to any music. We wanted to keep our purchases separate so that not one person has to pay for all that. Does that mean they can’t listen to any music? I was told we can listen to any music if I was part of Apple Music without having to download it. What am I missing?

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 1:49 PM

Did you (or someone in your family) follow the 5 steps in this article:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Note that in step 5 you (or someone in your family) also has to setup Family Sharing:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply

I signed up for the Apple Music family plan, but my family can not access any music. We didn’t want to share purchases so no one is paying for the extra purchases. What are we doing wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.