Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two step verification

I just want to make sure I understand. If I lose my phone and I go to a browser and I try to login to find it, it sends a verification to the only phone I have which is the one that's lost and the person who took it can simply click "Don't Allow" and I won't be able to find my iPhone?

Please tell me that I'm smoking something rolled in white and stuffed with green and I'm dreaming of this nightmare. Seriously, how do you find your iPhone if you are traveling, lose it, and need to login somewhere that is not your trusted device??

Thanks

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 1:19 PM

You can use any computer and log into icloud.com/find. Note the "/find" -- no two-factor prompt will result.

You can use any computer and log into icloud.com (without /find) and ignore the two-factor window and click the Quick Access to Find My icon below it and no two-factor code will be required.

You can use any iPhone and use the instructions below from Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

You can help a friend find their device if it's missing and has Find My [device] turned on:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Me tab.
  3. Select Help a Friend.
  4. Have your friend sign in to iCloud with the Apple ID they're signed in with on their missing device.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 1:19 PM in response to oceans1245

You can use any computer and log into icloud.com/find. Note the "/find" -- no two-factor prompt will result.

You can use any computer and log into icloud.com (without /find) and ignore the two-factor window and click the Quick Access to Find My icon below it and no two-factor code will be required.

You can use any iPhone and use the instructions below from Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

You can help a friend find their device if it's missing and has Find My [device] turned on:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Me tab.
  3. Select Help a Friend.
  4. Have your friend sign in to iCloud with the Apple ID they're signed in with on their missing device.

two step verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.