Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malicious website pop up on safari from a legitimate website after mistakenly clicking an ad.

Hello, so I visited a website called healthline which is authentic and I have visited previously too, but mistakenly due to my touch I clicked on an ad on the website and got redirected to a website called ‘vip lucky gifts center dot com’ which said I won an iphone and samsung but need to complete a survey. The website also knew which internet provider I was using, saying, ‘dear XXX customer’. However, I immediately canceled the pop up website. I’m worried if my iphone is infected? My safari already had block pop but still it happened.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 6:39 PM

Try double clicking the Home button or swipe up from the bottom of the screen and swipe Safari upwards. Go to Settings/Safari and clear History and Website Data. Open Safari and test.

Safari - Clear the history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Safari website data on your iPhone or iPad - How to clear

Similar questions

11 replies

Jan 27, 2020 4:32 PM in response to MadieRose

I too have it. Deleted all cookies, wiped out Facebook, deleted all apps that I think might have contributed to it. I also have Norton Mobile Security and am running a VPN, all it does it warn me not to click on it on the pop up when it appears. I can’t get rid of this pop up. It seems to hijack my webpages randomly, it don’t even have to be on healthline, although, that’s where I think I may have picked it up. Apple needs to come up with a security fix to this.

I can’t figure out how it keeps finding me. But it’s fricken annoying.

Malicious website pop up on safari from a legitimate website after mistakenly clicking an ad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.