Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I retrieve deleted messages on my phone?

how can i retrieve deleted messages on my phone ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2020 9:33 PM

You can recover deleted messages by restoring your iPhone from the backup that you may have created on the iCloud and/or your computer. Note that when you use this method then the recovered texts will only be as current as the date and time that the back up was created. If you do not have any backups then you have lost those messages that were deleted.

Here is how to restore your iPhone from a backup on iCloud Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Here I how to restore your iPhone from a backup on your computer Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Thanks.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2020 9:33 PM in response to podwerdriver

You can recover deleted messages by restoring your iPhone from the backup that you may have created on the iCloud and/or your computer. Note that when you use this method then the recovered texts will only be as current as the date and time that the back up was created. If you do not have any backups then you have lost those messages that were deleted.

Here is how to restore your iPhone from a backup on iCloud Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Here I how to restore your iPhone from a backup on your computer Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Thanks.

Axel F.

Jan 25, 2020 9:34 PM in response to podwerdriver

podwerdriver Said:

"messages: how can i retrieve deleted messages on my phone ?"

-------

What kind of messages are they? eMails? Texts?:

• If eMails: Check your Trash and Archive Folders, if applicable.

• If Texts: You'd have to take that up with your carrier. Once deleted, there is no way to recover them, on your part. They are gone, if you carrier cannot recover these.

how can I retrieve deleted messages on my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.