Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air reset

My MacBook Air is two years old and running slow. Can I safely rest let it to factory settings on my own or do I take it in? I want a full reset. Everything deleted and formatted and start over. How do I do that?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 9:38 AM

Yes, you can reformat it but that may not fix the issue.

Follow Step 6 here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

If you'd like to troubleshoot further you can post an Etrecheck report:

Etrecehck is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding problems. Also it will give us further specs on your Mac. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. Allowing full drive access will improve the quality of the report.

To post the log file click on share report and use the Additional Text icon in your reply window.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 9:38 AM in response to ramo256

Yes, you can reformat it but that may not fix the issue.

Follow Step 6 here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

If you'd like to troubleshoot further you can post an Etrecheck report:

Etrecehck is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding problems. Also it will give us further specs on your Mac. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. Allowing full drive access will improve the quality of the report.

To post the log file click on share report and use the Additional Text icon in your reply window.

MacBook Air reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.