Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade IPad iOS from 10.3.3 to 13.3

I have an iPad 5th gen, model A1823, currently running on iOS 10.3.3 (14G60). I get the alert notifying me of the need to upgrade to 13.3, but when I attempt to execute the upgrade, the upgrade fails with no error message given.

System shows 22.19GB of storage used with 6.08GB available. Any advice?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 3:28 PM

Multiple users have reported issues with failing updates - this being a widespread issue which is (a) reported to be known to Apple - and (b) is now understood to have been resolved.

There are a number of potential remedies that are being reported to be successful in correcting the issue, including:

• if available, switch to a different WiFi network
  • if available, switch to your phone hotspot
  • restart your home broadband router - then force-restart your device
  • connect your device to a PC/Mac - and attempt update using iTunes.

All of the above, except the last, effectively cause your device to refresh its IP and DNS settings.

Hopefully one of the above will resolve the problem. It’s also worth noting that you might be getting tight on the necessary free space for a major version-update.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2020 3:28 PM in response to jb5386

Multiple users have reported issues with failing updates - this being a widespread issue which is (a) reported to be known to Apple - and (b) is now understood to have been resolved.

There are a number of potential remedies that are being reported to be successful in correcting the issue, including:

• if available, switch to a different WiFi network
  • if available, switch to your phone hotspot
  • restart your home broadband router - then force-restart your device
  • connect your device to a PC/Mac - and attempt update using iTunes.

All of the above, except the last, effectively cause your device to refresh its IP and DNS settings.

Hopefully one of the above will resolve the problem. It’s also worth noting that you might be getting tight on the necessary free space for a major version-update.

Upgrade IPad iOS from 10.3.3 to 13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.