You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I write Khmer Unicode Font on Final Cut it doesn't display correctly on screen.

When I write Khmer Unicode Font on Final Cut, the display on inspector is perfect but it doesn't display correctly on screen. Anyone know how to fix it? Or any tips to use Khmer Unicode in Final Cut?

Thanks,

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 10:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 1:14 PM

phornlim wrote: It's so weird, when I changed to English font, it display correctly

That's an illusion. There are no Khmer characters in Helvetica, so the OS automatically switches to the Khmer MN font supplied by Apple without telling you.

If you don't like the two fonts provided by Apple or Notosanskhmer, I think you just have to keep looking for one where those letters display correctly.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2020 1:14 PM in response to phornlim

phornlim wrote: It's so weird, when I changed to English font, it display correctly

That's an illusion. There are no Khmer characters in Helvetica, so the OS automatically switches to the Khmer MN font supplied by Apple without telling you.

If you don't like the two fonts provided by Apple or Notosanskhmer, I think you just have to keep looking for one where those letters display correctly.

When I write Khmer Unicode Font on Final Cut it doesn't display correctly on screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.