Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other storage taking up too much space

I have 16GB on my iPhone 6, and it is not much. I noticed that other/system is taking up around 7.5GB.

That is almost half of my storage!

How can I fix this?

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:39 AM

There are various things that constitute 'Other' on an iPhone.

In Settings, open iPhone Storage. Scroll down the bottom of all your storage. It will show System and Other.

On my iPhone, System and other are taking up 6.7Gb, which is only 0.8 Gb below yours.

If you can, create space by offloading apps that you don't use, or only use occasionally. You will be given the choice of Offload or delete. Offload gives you the opportunity to reinstate it at a later date without losing any data stored within it.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 2:39 AM in response to TechUser99

There are various things that constitute 'Other' on an iPhone.

In Settings, open iPhone Storage. Scroll down the bottom of all your storage. It will show System and Other.

On my iPhone, System and other are taking up 6.7Gb, which is only 0.8 Gb below yours.

If you can, create space by offloading apps that you don't use, or only use occasionally. You will be given the choice of Offload or delete. Offload gives you the opportunity to reinstate it at a later date without losing any data stored within it.

Other storage taking up too much space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.