Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying an iphone abroad

Hey so Im currently living in Korea where they sell the iphone 11 model 2111 but i am from canada where the model is different. I want to buy a new iphone 11 but i was warned that it might not be serviceable in canada because its a different model. Will this be an issue if i buy it here?

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 7:56 AM

Depends on the service requirement. The warranty terms always say that they might restrict it to the country of purchase. The biggest issue is that more involved "repair" requirements are usually handled with a complete service replacement device, and this almost always means one that is otherwise identical to the replaced device other than carrying a service replacement designation. There are some things that seem to be fairly universal such as screen assemblies and batteries. I've heard of those being service by Apple in another country, but that seems to be taken on a case by case basis.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 7:56 AM in response to Ch923377

Depends on the service requirement. The warranty terms always say that they might restrict it to the country of purchase. The biggest issue is that more involved "repair" requirements are usually handled with a complete service replacement device, and this almost always means one that is otherwise identical to the replaced device other than carrying a service replacement designation. There are some things that seem to be fairly universal such as screen assemblies and batteries. I've heard of those being service by Apple in another country, but that seems to be taken on a case by case basis.

Buying an iphone abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.