Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install older Java on Mac

Problem: Java for MacOS 2017-001 can't be installed on this disk. A newer version of thispackage is already installed.

Story:

The soft i want to install requests 6 Java version

When trying to install Java SE 6 it showed

After i uninstalled through terminal Java by :

sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin 

sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane 

sudo rm -fr ~/Library/Application\ Support/Oracle/Java

It no longer shows java - version and suggests to install new one

But when trying to install JAVA i need for statistical soft, it shows the same thing:

Please help, i am really desperate.

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 3:30 AM

Java 6 and Apple's Java for macOS 2017-001 are no longer compatible with macOS Catalina. If you want to run the IBM SPSS software, you will either need to contact IBM about a newer, 64-bit version that is compatible with Catalina, or revert to your version of macOS prior to the Catalina upgrade using the Time Machine backup performed prior to the upgrade.

You would boot into Recovery (⌘+R) and select Restore from Time Machine.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2020 3:30 AM in response to edgars145

Java 6 and Apple's Java for macOS 2017-001 are no longer compatible with macOS Catalina. If you want to run the IBM SPSS software, you will either need to contact IBM about a newer, 64-bit version that is compatible with Catalina, or revert to your version of macOS prior to the Catalina upgrade using the Time Machine backup performed prior to the upgrade.

You would boot into Recovery (⌘+R) and select Restore from Time Machine.

Cannot install older Java on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.