Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Avoid Apple Support Phone Scam (ICloud Hack)

Just received yet another call within the last week (3 total calls) regarding my "Apple iCloud Account" being hacked. Caller insisted that I reply to the phone call. Caller ID states "Apple", phone number is 1-415-486-****.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2020 9:08 AM

Its a scam. All you can do is ignore the calls. Apple will never, ever call you out of the blue for any reason. Any calls they make must be requested directly by you through their support site.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 27, 2020 9:21 AM in response to Redleg1983

Yeah; Postings here are quite common.

There’s a deluge of those fake-support calls, of Apple ID fake-purchase email messages, of fake account-locked Apple ID messages, of we have your explicit photos fakes, of we have your password and control your camera fakes, of pop-up fake-infestation warnings... lots of this happening.

Folks are likely falling for them too, or they’d not be increasing.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Apple making a preemptive statement on this morass beyond the previously-linked support article, given the increasing scale and scope.

Avoid Apple Support Phone Scam (ICloud Hack)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.