Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store

I am unable to update my apps. keeps on asking for my id and password but no matter how many times I have typed in, it still doesn't update my apps and now does't let me install other apps either. what should I do?

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 7:36 AM

Device or computer? Have you checked Settings/Screen Time for any restrictions?

Apps won’t downloaded

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

If there are restrictions in Screen Time that are preventing access, you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

If there aren't any Screen Time restrictions, do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2020 7:36 AM in response to zarbakht129

Device or computer? Have you checked Settings/Screen Time for any restrictions?

Apps won’t downloaded

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

If there are restrictions in Screen Time that are preventing access, you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

If there aren't any Screen Time restrictions, do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.