Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail taking up 565gigs!!

How do I free up space from my mail? I’ve gone to “Storage” and “manage” and when I click on “mail” is just telling me how much space it’s taking up, not an option to clean it up. I deleted everything from 1-1-19 back to 10-1-12... but it’s shows that nothing has changed.

help!?

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 9:15 AM

7 replies

Jan 30, 2020 1:41 PM in response to Ehaines35

I can't tell if you tried the reduce clutter procedure I mentioned above. But, check it out. And, I found this read online. https://www.howtogeek.com/209517/how-to-stop-your-macs-mail-app-from-wasting-gigabytes-of-space/ There are quite a few similar to this one. One thing I know tho is that I would not use any kind of cleaner to deal with mail as suggested in the read. Also, I thought of something else. I have quite a few folders of stored mail, and I keep them on iCloud. They also can be kept on one's Mac. Are you keeping such folders on your Mac. Regardless, tho, I don't you'd have enough folders to make a dent in your many GB's of mail storage.

Oh, and did you delete the mail in Trash as I mentioned earlier, deleting it last?

Mail taking up 565gigs!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.