Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting unused files

Unable to delete unused files in logic. After selecting unused files, and selecting delete files , (browsers f/project/edit/select unused/audio file/delete), I get ‘no audio file selected!’ message.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 1:28 AM

Seems that you indeed have no files selected, only regions. All those selected regions belong to one and the same audio file, and judging from your screenshot (btw, you can make a proper screenshot by using cmd-shift-4, then clickdragging the portion you want to show, looks much neater) you are trying to delete all those regions, and they are certainly not unused, as they are the regions I can also see selected in your tracks area. You may simply not have any unused files.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2020 1:28 AM in response to 3uth

Seems that you indeed have no files selected, only regions. All those selected regions belong to one and the same audio file, and judging from your screenshot (btw, you can make a proper screenshot by using cmd-shift-4, then clickdragging the portion you want to show, looks much neater) you are trying to delete all those regions, and they are certainly not unused, as they are the regions I can also see selected in your tracks area. You may simply not have any unused files.

Jan 29, 2020 3:53 PM in response to 3uth

Thanks for clarification between files and regions! Only unused regions are applicable in the select unused option.

If I you may be so gracious with another question, how do I fix the “the audio file ... was not found in expected location:” message prior to opening session. I’ve been clicking on skip all, to open session.

Jan 29, 2020 3:59 PM in response to 3uth

Select unused and hit the delete key, not from the file menu. This will remove the unused regions from the song. The audio will still be on the drive so that the needed portions will still be there. After you have deleted the unused regions, select all the audio files and use the "optimize files" command from the file menu. This will erase the unused parts of the audio from the drive. Be sure to save after.

Deleting unused files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.