Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2019 16" performance lost with Catalina 10.15.3

Have recently updated my Macbook Pro 2019 16" from Catalina 10.15.2 -> 10.15.3

Performance for the machine has drastically reduced since doing this update. Render times in Final Cut Pro X & Adobe After Effects/Media Encoder/Premiere have doubled since the update, without a change to project files or software settings.

Some areas where I would have a high chance of experiencing a force freeze and restart with 10.15/10.15.1/10.15.2 seem to be gone with 10.15.3, but I am wondering if this is due to performance throttling.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 6:16 AM

My AE just died after latest OS update. This is absolutely annoying! I can't even preview my work. Dear #Apple, can I somehow uninstall latest disaster? I have my deadlines and You just killed my MacBookPro:(

2 replies

Macbook Pro 2019 16" performance lost with Catalina 10.15.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.