Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram App

I bought a new phone device - iPhone xs a few days ago.  After transferring all the information from my old device - iphone 6s, I updated the IOS 13.3.1 software.  I accidentally noticed that when someone sends me a message on Instagram App, I do not receive any notification on my phone, it shows up only when I open the application.  I have checked the notification settings of my device and they were all set up to display messages from Instagram.  I restarted my phone, after that I deleted the application and reinstalled it, but afterwards it still doesn't show notifications.  I worry whether the problem is with my new phone device or with the application.  I would appreciate your support.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 2:18 PM

Welcome, zara888!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from your post that you're unable to receive notifications from Instagram. It sounds like you've taken great steps so far.

If you've already checked the notification settings in the Settings app on your iPhone, I recommend checking the settings within the Instagram app to make sure they are set to notify you.

For help with settings within Instagram, check out their support article here:

Account and Notification Settings | Instagram Help Center

Should this continue, I recommend reaching out to the app developer directly, so they can take a closer look with you.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 2:18 PM in response to zara888

Welcome, zara888!

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from your post that you're unable to receive notifications from Instagram. It sounds like you've taken great steps so far.

If you've already checked the notification settings in the Settings app on your iPhone, I recommend checking the settings within the Instagram app to make sure they are set to notify you.

For help with settings within Instagram, check out their support article here:

Account and Notification Settings | Instagram Help Center

Should this continue, I recommend reaching out to the app developer directly, so they can take a closer look with you.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Take care!

Instagram App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.