Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 16" speakers intermittently stop working

I just got a new Macbook Pro 16" (2019) and my speakers and microphone stops working intermittently.

Please see the screenshot.

I previously had a late 2013 Macbook, and I don't remember facing such a persistent issue.

I mean, imagine getting a $4000+ device, and still seeing something like this.

Quite disappointing.

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 2:26 PM

Greetings, Asaad Mahmood.

I can see why you’d be concerned if you are having audio issues with your new MacBook, and I want to help. 

To start, I suggest that you reset your NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If the issue persists, try to isolate the issue to your entire system or your specific user, by testing the behavior in another account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac 

If the issue persists in the other account, I suggest that you have your Mac inspected: Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Please do not hesitate to respond to this thread if you have further questions. 

Kind regards. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2020 2:26 PM in response to Asaad Mahmood

Greetings, Asaad Mahmood.

I can see why you’d be concerned if you are having audio issues with your new MacBook, and I want to help. 

To start, I suggest that you reset your NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If the issue persists, try to isolate the issue to your entire system or your specific user, by testing the behavior in another account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac 

If the issue persists in the other account, I suggest that you have your Mac inspected: Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Please do not hesitate to respond to this thread if you have further questions. 

Kind regards. 

Macbook Pro 16" speakers intermittently stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.