Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro screen pink lines and loss of area over tool bar

MacBook Pro is less than six months old. There is a small area of damage on the black surround which just appeared. The laptop has not been dropped. The area just crumbled away as I cleaned the machine.

I now have flashing horizontal lines over the Toolbar and vertical pink lines on the right hadn't side. I have been told that I must have closed the machine when there was something obstructing the closure. I have no knowledge I am told that the machine will nor be covered under the Warranty and repair will cost c £750.

I am astounded at the cost and, if I do pay to have the laptop fixed, the same thing could happen in another few months time. Any advice would. be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 29, 2020 11:04 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2020 12:31 PM in response to Cerura

Cerura wrote:

Thank you Leroy. I tried this a couple of times but, unfortunately, nothing happened.

I do appreciate you replying.

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /touchbar is this ?

however:

— flashing horizontal lines over the Toolbar and vertical pink lines on the right hadn't side.

—small area of damage on the black surround

I would take it in for a hardware issue while you are under the 1-year warranty.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

From iOS device using the app to make a online Genius Bar appointment: 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044?mt=8

Jan 29, 2020 1:14 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hi Leroy,

MacBookPro 13inch 219 Two Thunderbolt (three ports)

1.4 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB2133MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536MB

Is this what you require? Not sure how to get any other info about the machine.

I am in the UK and there is an Apple Store about 12 miles away. I will call tomorrow and make an appointment.

Thank you so much for your help. The agent I bought it from says Apple won't repair under the Warranty but I can, at least ascertain if this is so.

Having spent £1,600 four months ago, I am not happy at the thought of another £700+, especially if this could happen again in another four months.

Thank you for your response. Trying hard not to throw this machine out of the window! 😁

Feb 5, 2020 1:29 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hello Leroy,

Just popped in to thank you again for you help.

I have just ordered a new laptop as the cost of repair is more than half the cost of replacing. It will be my fourth Mac but may be my last as the agent says they are so delicate these days.

If the new one fails, I will revert to a more robust Dell as I have spent enough on Macs to buy a small car.

I liked the fact that a MacBook will sync with my iPhone and iPad but will wean myself off Macs. 😁

MacPro screen pink lines and loss of area over tool bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.